1993 Mumbai blasts case: Arguments on quantum of sentence for 6 convicts to continue..


The arguments on the quantum of sentence for six people convicted in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case will continue on Tuesday. The lawyers for the CBI said they “will argue for maximum punishment for all convicts”. Defence Advocate Abdul Wahab Khan had made an application and sought two weeks to prepare arguments on the quantum of sentence.

The TADA court rejected his plea and said the matter is urgent and can’t be adjourned. Six people, including Mustafa Dossa and gangster Abu Salem, were convicted on Friday of conspiring and carrying out a string of bomb blasts that ripped through the heart of Mumbai in 1993 and killed 257 people in what was India’s worst terrorist attack.

Along with Salem and Dossa, the court convicted Firoz Khan, Mohammed Tahir Merchant alias Tahir Taklya, Karimullah Shaikh and Riyaz Ahmed Siddique for the blasts on March 12, 1993. It acquitted Abdul Qayoom Ansari for lack of evidence. Read More…

 

Credit By : Nyoooz

 

 

You may also read!

Ahead Of Trump’s Afghan Policy, Commander Of U.S. Forces In Kabul Says Winning War Is Critical

The commander of United States and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) forces in Afghanistan, General John Nicholson, has said that winning the war

Read More...

China’s PLA Conducts Military Drills To Strike Awe In India As Doklam Standoff Continues, Chinese Media Claims

The Chinese People's Liberation Army last week conducted live-fire drills that saw the use of tanks and helicopters, according

Read More...

Pakistan Media Warns US: New Afghan Policy May Push Us Towards China, Russia

Pakistan is bracing for a "tough time" and may have to seek even "deeper" ties with China and Russia

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Mobile Sliding Menu