Manohar Parrikar Assures Resolving All of The 7th Pay Commission Issues soon
- Raksha Mantri, Manohar Parrikar meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi last night (September 14) and is confident of an early resolution
- Parrikar told a website on Thursday that he believes that discussions will resolve deadlock
- Asserted that at least 3 out of the 4 major anomalies over which the service HQs are perturbed will be taken care of very soon.
- Assured that the three service chiefs are aware how he is using “all the strength” at his command to find a way out.
- Parrikar said he was aware of the anomalies and shortcomings in the award for the military.
- said he told the Service Chiefs how the government cares for the forces and all concerns raised by them will be addressed by taking them up with the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister.
- Anomalies to be taken care of soon would include: The entry level pay suppression in the middle ranks; Non-functional Upgrade (NFU) and Enhancement of Military Service Pay (MSP) for JCOs.
- Further assures that most of the other anomalies carried over from the earlier Pay Commissions will be taken up in the two committees formed to resolve them.
- Asks Service HQs to start implementing the benefits of the 7th Pay Commission to the troops as soon as possible.
- Says amendment of the gazette notification over 7th Pay Commission (to make sure the military retains its edge over the Central Armed Police Forces) was initiated by him … a step that shows his seriousness in resolving the issue.
The defence ministry had issued an order implementing the 7thPay Commission on September 5 pending resolution of some issues following which the three services expressed their reservations on some of the provisions of the pay panel. These issues as per the service chiefs would downgrade the status of the forces with respect to their civilian counterparts and police. The services issued a note to all personnel stating that they were “constrained” to request the government to hold the implementation of the 7th pay commission award “in abeyance” on the back of anomalies which need to be resolved.
Reaction Post Parrikar’s Assurance:
“The Services are satisfied with the response,” Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha who is also the Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee said in a statement on Wednesday after meeting Parrikar.