India has registered its strong protest over the incident of ceasefire violation by the Pakistani the death of an Indian soldier.
Counsellor Tariq Karim in the High Commission for Pakistan in New Delhi was summoned to the Ministry of External Affairs on Wednesday and a demarche was made lodging strong protest at the fatal casualty of an Indian soldier
in unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan’s forces in the Krishna Ghati Sector on 8 August 2017. “The incident was condemned in strongest term and it was conveyed that such loss of life was highly deplorable,” an official statement issued by the MEA said.
“Our grave concern at the continuing incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Pakistan forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB) was also shared,” it said.
Despite repeated calls for restraint and call to adhere to the ceasefire understanding of 2003 for maintaining peace and tranquillity, Pakistan forces have carried out 301 incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations
along the LoC this year so far.