The mission system of the Rafale has the potential to integrate a variety of current and future armaments.
The Rafale has been cleared to operate the following weapons:
1. The MICA air-to-air “Beyond Visual Range” (BVR) interception, combat and self-defence missiles, in their IR (heat-seeking) and EM (active radar homing) versions. The MICA can be used within visual range (WVR) and beyond visual range (BVR).
2. The HAMMER (standing for Highly Agile and Maneuverable Munition Extended Range) modular, rocket-boosted air-to-ground precision guided weapon series, fitted with INS/GPS or INS/GPS/IIR (imaging infra-red) guidance kits, or with the upcoming INS/GPS/laser guidance kit.
3. The SCALP long-range stand-off missile,
4. The AM39 EXOCET anti-ship missile,
5. Laser-guided bombs,
6. The 2500 rounds/min NEXTER 30M791 30 mm internal cannon, available on both single and two-seater
7. The upcoming METEOR long-range air-to-air missile.
The Rafale’s stores management system is Mil-Std-1760 compliant, which provides for easy integration of customer-selected weapons. Read More