The onset of summer, particularly after the snows begin to melt, is another reason for concern in Jammu and Kashmir. Terrorist infiltration, as in previous years, is on the rise. Both major Pakistan-based terror outfits — the Lashkar-e-Toiba and the Jaish-e-Mohammed — are trying to push in terrorists into Kashmir.
The latest intelligence reports speak of several attempts:
* Six or seven LeT militants with a guide — Saifullah Bhai — are likely to try and enter Jammu and Kashmir. They are currently at Atmukam launch pad on the Line of Control and are expected to enter Keran via Rangari.
* Six LeT militants current at Sardari launchpad opposite Bandipora (they reached on April 25) are expecting to enter the Naushera sector through Tingergalli and Chandankhaltop.
* Ten terrorists, a mixed group, are expected to move from Macchali to Bozgai and Rakshin Nar towards Ganderbal in a few days.
* Eight JeM terrorists are at Athmuqam and are likely to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir. They are likely to enter the Macchil area.
* Six LeT terrorists are also aiming for Macchil from Tejiyan. Read More