S C Bajpai has been appointed as the next Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and chairman, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
Bajpai will take over the Kolkata based OFB from Wednesday.Ordnance factories across the country are being modernised through introduction of state-of-the-art technologies.
The ordnance factories across the country are divided into five groups: Arms and Ammunition; Weapons, Vehicles and Equipment; Material and Components; Armoured Vehicles; and Ordnance Equipment.It is expected that the new chairman who is also an Armour expert will take the organisation to new heights.
Know The New Chairman of OFB: S C Bajpai
* Prior to this, Bajpai was additional DGOF and member, OFB in charge of the armoured vehicles division.
* An M Tech in mechanical engineering , Bajpai went to Cranefield University, UK, for a masters in advance manufacturing technology.
* An armour expert, Bajpai also possess the experience of a training in Russia in tank overhauling.
* A distinguished fellow of the National Defence College, Bajpai has a experience of 37 yrs with significant contribution at Gun Carriage Factory, Jabalpur, Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, Field Gun Factory, Kanpur, Gun & Shell Factory, Cossipore and Small Arms Factory, Kanpur.
* He has also been general manager of Ardnance Factory Itarsi and senior general manager, Ordnance Factory Chanda, before moving in as additional DGOF, Armoured Vehicles Headquarters.