India-China LAC Clash: IAF Closely Watches The Situation Along The LAC In Arunachal Pradesh

People familiar with the situation said on Tuesday that the Indian Air Force is closely watching the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh. This is because Chinese PLA troops tried last week to change the status quo on their own in the Tawang sector of the border state.

They also said that the IAF has increased its overall surveillance in the area because of China’s attempt to cross the border on December 9. They also said that the IAF follows standard operating procedures, which include sending out fighter jets when there are specific security concerns.

“Both the IAF and the Army are keeping a close eye on the situation,” said one of the people above.

People said that the IAF has increased the number of times its fighter jets fly missions in the area.

The Indian Army said on Monday that troops from both sides fought along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Tawang sector, and that a few people on both sides were hurt in the fight.

In eastern Ladakh, the two sides have been fighting over the border for more than 30 months.

Defense Minister Rajnath Singh told Parliament on Tuesday that the brave Indian troops stopped the Chinese PLA from “unilaterally” changing the status in the Yangtse area of the Tawang sector. He also said that no Indian troops were killed or seriously hurt in the fight.

“On December 9, PLA troops tried to cross the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Yangtse area of the Tawang Sector and change things on their own. Our troops fought back against the Chinese attempt in a firm and determined way,” Singh said.

“The resulting standoff turned into a fight, in which the Indian Army bravely stopped the PLA from entering our territory and forced them to go back to their posts,” he said.

It was the first big fight between the Indian and Chinese armies since August 2020, near Rinchen La in eastern Ladakh.

In October of last year, Indian and Chinese troops fought for a short time near the Yangtse River. The situation was resolved through talks between the local commanders of the two sides, as is standard.

Exit mobile version