India Issues Demarche To Pak Over Ceasefire Violations


India has registered its strong protest over the incident of ceasefire violation by the Pakistani the death of an Indian soldier.

Counsellor Tariq Karim in the High Commission for Pakistan in New Delhi was summoned to the Ministry of External Affairs on Wednesday and a demarche was made lodging strong protest at the fatal casualty of an Indian soldier
in unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan’s forces in the Krishna Ghati Sector on 8 August 2017. “The incident was condemned in strongest term and it was conveyed that such loss of life was highly deplorable,” an official statement issued by the MEA said.

“Our grave concern at the continuing incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Pakistan forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB) was also shared,” it said.

Despite repeated calls for restraint and call to adhere to the ceasefire understanding of 2003 for maintaining peace and tranquillity, Pakistan forces have carried out 301 incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations
along the LoC this year so far.

You may also read!

Come Up With Indigenous Solutions For Modernisation Of Defence Forces: Sitharaman To Industry

In a big encouragement for the Indian defence industry, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday (18 November) asked the

Read More...

Bangladesh Poses A Big Security Challenge Says Indian Minister

Bangladesh poses a 'big security challenge' to India on par with Pakistan and China, the junior Home Minister Hansraj

Read More...

Restrictions In Parts Of Srinagar After Militant Killed In Shootout

Authorities imposed restrictions in parts of the Jammu and Kashmir summer capital to maintain law and order, officials said

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Mobile Sliding Menu