It would be prudent to start with the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas which despite induction has yet to get its Final Operational Clearance. The First Series production of the LCA Tejas has been handed over to the Chief of Air Staff by the Raksha Mantri on 17th January 2015. The following are some of the reasons for the delay in completion of LCA project:-
- Ab-initio development of the state of art technologies.
- Non-availability of trained/skilled manpower in the country.
- Non-availability of infrastructure/test facility in the country.
- Unanticipated technical/technological complexities faced in structural design.
- Non-availability of critical component /equipment /materials and denial of technologies by technologically advanced countries.
- Enhanced user’s requirements or change in specifications during development.
- Increase in the scope of work.
- Inadequate production facility at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. Read More