Taliban Says Is Not Tired Of War In Afghanistan


Afghanistan’s insurgent group Taliban has said, in a statement, that it is not tired of war even as the United States-led invasion that toppled the group’s regime has entered into its 17th year.

The statement further said that the Taliban represents the Afghan nation and called on the American forces to withdraw, the Khaama Press reported.

However, the group has not commented over anything regarding the repeated calls by the government and the international community to participate in peace talks.

The nation has neither become tired and nor will be tired of the war, the statement further read, insisting that it was not feeling disappointment and has higher morale for the continued war.

Earlier last month, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the U.S. said they would not abandon Afghanistan.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg joined Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and U.S. Defence Secretary James Mattis at the news conference after holding a closed door meeting, and reaffirmed the alliance’s commitment to Afghanistan, saying ‘the NATO wants to ensure the country doesn’t become a safe haven for terrorists again’.

“We will not abandon Afghanistan to a merciless enemy trying to kill its way to power,” Mattis said.

The secretary praised the accomplishments of the Afghan security forces since they assumed responsibility for the nation two years ago.

“With our new conditions-based South Asian strategy, we will be better postured to support you as you turn the tide against the terrorists,” he said.

Although, Taliban emphasised that the group was fully committed to force the American forces out of the country.

Afghan President Ghani called on the insurgents to join the peace process for the success of the Afghan-owned peace process.

Urging countries in the region to help eradicate terrorism, Ghani called on “India, Russia and other countries in the region to come together to help mobilise against the fight against terrorism.”

In addition, Ghani stated his government had drawn up a four-year military plan that has been approved by the NATO.

In the month of August, Taliban had sent an “open letter” to Trump, calling on the U.S. to leave Kabul rather than increase the number of troops to end America’s longest war of 17 years in Afghanistan.

Through a letter, the Taliban militants urged Trump to interact with Afghans “generously” instead of imposing war, study the “historical mistakes” of his predecessors and withdraw troops from Afghanistan completely.

You may also read!

Breaking news: Pakistan blacklisted over inaction on terror financing

The group finds Pakistan non-compliant on 32 of 40 compliance parameters on money laundering and terror financing. Pakistan has

Read More...

Countries must dismantle terror hubs: India, France

India and France on Thursday strongly condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations including cross-border terrorism and terror-related

Read More...

Air India fails to capitalise on Jet Airways woes

National carrier Air India has failed to capitalise on shutdown of Jet Airways so far, with its domestic passenger

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Mobile Sliding Menu