According to commentators from other countries, Russia may be temporarily reducing its onslaught in Ukraine as it works to regroup its troops for another assault.
According to the Institute for the Study of War, Russian forces made no claimed or assessed territory advances in Ukraine on Wednesday for the first time in 133 days of hostilities.
Moscow may be pausing operations, according to the Washington-based think group, without “the complete halt of active hostilities.”
As they work to create the conditions for more important offensive operations and rebuild the fighting capability required to attempt those more ambitious projects, Russian troops will probably limit themselves to relatively small-scale offensive assaults, the institute said.
According to Ukrainian sources, shelling in the east of the country resulted in at least nine civilian deaths and six civilian injuries on the previous day.
In its morning update on Thursday, Ukraine’s presidential administration said that cities and villages in seven different Ukrainian regions had been shelled the day before.
The majority of civilian fatalities happened in the fighting-affected province of Donetsk. The presidential administration reported that seven civilians, including a kid, were murdered there.
Donetsk was shelled in ten cities and villages, and 35 structures, including a school, a vocational college, and a hospital, were demolished, according to officials.
The majority-Russian speaking industrial region of the Donbas, which includes Donetsk, is where the majority of the highly skilled Ukrainian soldiers are stationed.
For eight years, pro-Russian rebels have been at war with Ukrainian forces and in charge of the majority of the Donbas.
Just before Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin acknowledged the independence of two self-declared republics there.
After Ukrainian forces retreated from the last city they controlled there, Putin declared victory in Luhansk, the other province making up the Donbas, on Monday.
Serhiy Haidai, the governor of Luhansk, refuted Wednesday’s claim that the Russians had fully seized control of the region.
A boarding school was struck in Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, but no one was hurt. Two civilians were killed in the past 24 hours in the daily shelling that occurs in the Kharkiv region, which is close to the Russian border.
The Sumy region in the northeast has also been the target of Russian forces’ helicopter attacks and shelling, according to the Ukrainian military on Thursday.
The Russian military is reorganising its soldiers, according to the British Defense Ministry, who made this statement as the combat went on.
According to a ministry intelligence assessment released on Thursday, the intensive shelling along the Donetsk front line is probably being done to protect earlier Russian victories.
The Russian parliament is considering a new law that would grant the government special economic authority during the conflict, according to the British ministry.
According to the ministry, the law would allow Russia to avoid admitting it is at war or its failure to defeat Ukraine’s military, which was outmanned and outgunned.